1. The #ENDviolence campaign, which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea is promoting with UNICEF, is widely spreading with the participation of people from all over the world.
◦ The campaign was launched on July 1 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNICEF to raise the international community’s awareness and strengthen global solidarity for protecting children and adolescents in violent environments.
◦ The campaign gained the support of 360,000 people from about 100 countries and reached out to over 80 million people. Particularly in Korea, with the participation of a number of ministers and heads of local governments, it resulted in a nationwide consensus and support for the global issue of eradicating violence against children.
2. The campaign, which is scheduled to be carried out by the end of the year in the KOREAZ channel - the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ official channel for public diplomacy, has contributed to realizing the universal value of protecting children’s human rights.
3. The #ENDviolence campaign is the third global campaign the Ministry of Foreign Affairs promotes, following 「Stay Strong」 and 「Live Together」. The Foreign Ministry will continue to take the initiative to contribute to resolving global issues.
※ The Ministry of Foreign Affairs-led Global Campaigns
- 「Stay Strong」 in 2020: Campaign to urge international solidarity to overcome COVID-19
- 「Live Together」 in 2021: Campaign against racial discrimination and hate crime (co-hosted by UNESCO)