1. The Korean government, in order to provide assistance to the Ukrainian people and refugees facing a severe crisis due to the continued invasion by Russia, sent around 20 tons of additional humanitarian assistance items to Ukraine on April 19.
° This assistance forms part of the additional US$30 million humanitarian assistance announced by the Korean government, in addition to the US$10 million humanitarian assistance implemented previously in March.
° This assistance includes items such as defibrillators, general-purpose ventilators, and first-aid kits.
※ The Korean government announced a total of US$40 million humanitarian assistance for the Ukrainian people and refugees.
- 1st assistance: announced on February 28, worth US$10 million
- Additional assistance: announced on April 7, worth US$30 million
2. The Korean government is working closely with the Embassy of Ukraine in Korea on details of the humanitarian assistance, and has prioritized the request of Ukraine in selecting items.
3. The Korean government hopes that the assistance will help relieve the suffering of the Ukrainian people and refugees, and the government will positively consider further assistance if necessary.