1. Sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, the Korea-Arab Society (hereafter KAS) held an on-line award ceremony on December 22 following its logo contest designed to commemorate the upcoming 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations in 2022 of Korea with Morocco, Jordan and Saudi Arabia and to enhance mutual cooperation.
2. The contest was co-hosted by KAS and the Korean Embassies in Morocco, Jordan and Saudi Arabia as well as the Moroccan, Jordanian and Saudi Arabian Embassies in Korea. KAS received 154 logo designs from 147 people in just 16 days of the contest, which lasted from November 25 till December 10, 2021. The first-place winners of the contest were Mr. Anass Sidki for Morocco, Mr. Choi Jeong Hyeon for Jordan and Ms. Yoon So yeon for Saudi Arabia.
3. The award ceremony was held online in a festive atmosphere, with B.I.G, a Korean idol group and Goodwill Ambassador of KAS, sending a congratulatory message in Arabic and staging a videotaped performance.
4. The ceremony was also attended by distinguished guests who announced and congratulated the first- to third-place winners: Among those guests were H.E. Mr. Ma Young-sam, Secretary General of KAS; H.E. Dr. Chafik Rachadi, Moroccan Ambassador to Korea; H.E. Mr. Sami M. Alsadhan, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to Korea; Ms. Asal Al-Tal, Jordanian Chargée d’Affaires a.i. to Korea; H.E. Mr. Chung Keeyong, Korean Ambassador to Morocco; H.E. Mr. Lee Jae-wan, Korean Ambassador to Jordan; H.E. Mr. Park Joon-yong, Korean Ambassador to Saudi Arabia; and Directors of the African and Middle Eastern Affairs Bureau of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea.
5. The winning logo designs were selected after being screened by the six embassies, KAS and by an art director. They will feature in all official materials related to celebrations to be held by the embassies throughout next year.