1. The 14th meeting of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)’s internal task force on Job Creation for the Youth was held virtually on Tuesday, October 26, presided over by Deputy Minister for Economic Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea Lee Seong-ho.
2. During the meeting, participants reviewed the overall progress of MOFA's various overseas job programs aimed to provide young Koreans with opportunities to work abroad including as multilateral cooperation officers for the Korea International Cooperation Agency and junior professional officers and volunteers at the UN. Participants also discussed further plans and ways to support young Koreans to find good-quality overseas job opportunities.
3. Taking into account the increasing COVID-19 vaccination rates and revitalized people-to-people exchanges worldwide, the Deputy Minister emphasized that MOFA should play an active role in assisting young and competent Koreans to work abroad, advance their careers and build their presence in the world.
4. MOFA will continue to offer youth its overseas job programs and work to provide timely information on overseas employment, using its global network through diplomatic missions abroad.
5. Specifically, MOFA will regularly post briefings on its website and Instagram channel (@mofa_youth) about its overseas missions’ activities in helping youth with job searching and starting business abroad.