1. Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Cho Sei-young met with Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs for Economic Relations and Integration of the Republic of Paraguay Juan Ángel Delgadillo Franco, who was on a visit to the Republic of Korea, at 17:00-17:50, June 11. In the meeting, the two sides discussed the ROK-Paraguay relations; substantive cooperation; the current situation on the Korean Peninsula; and cooperation on the international stage.
2. The two Vice Ministers, noting with appreciation that since the establishment of diplomatic relations in 1962, the ROK and Paraguay have seen steady advances in their friendly ties, agreed to work together for further advances in the bilateral relations.
3. Vice Minister Cho voiced hope that when the currently negotiated ROK-MERCOSUR trade agreement is concluded, it will help boost trade and investment between the two countries; and asked for Vice Minister Delgadillo’s support toward smooth conclusion of the negotiations.
° Vice Minister Delgadillo, saying that the negotiations are currently proceeding at a fast pace, expected that the negotiations will be concluded in the near future, further vitalizing cooperation between the two countries.
4. Vice Minister Cho noted with appreciation that the ROK and Paraguay, the former’s main cooperative partner on official development assistance (ODA) since 2011, are actively engaging in development cooperation in various areas, including assistance for improvements in the agricultural productivity.
° Vice Minister Delgadillo extended appreciation to the ROK, saying that cooperation with the country has greatly improved productivity in rural areas of Paraguay. He went on to voice hope that development cooperation with the ROK will continue to expand.
5. Vice Minister Cho explained the ROK government’s efforts to achieve complete denuclearization and establish permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula, asking for continued support of the Paraguayan government.
° Vice Minister Delgadillo expressed full support for the ROK government’s position and willingness to work closely with the ROK, adding that denuclearization and peace on the Korean Peninsula are important to not only the ROK but all the other countries.
* unofficial translation