1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will hold the “3rd Green Round Table” at the Lotte Hotel Seoul (Sogong-dong) from 9 a.m. to noon, December 1.
o The event will bring together green growth-related international organizations in the Republic of Korea (Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), Green Climate Fund (GCF), etc.), government agencies (Ministry of Strategy and Finance and Ministry of Environment), relevant organizations (Green Technology Center (GTC), Korea International Cooperation Agency(KOICA), Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP), Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KEITI), etc.), the diplomatic corps in the ROK, and domestic companies.
2. The upcoming Green Round Table to be held in celebration of the GGGI’s fifth anniversary as an international organization is expected to serve as an opportunity to review the progress made so far, and discuss ways for the GGGI and Korean SMEs in the environmental sector to work together to enter foreign markets successfully.
o The Foreign Ministry will publish a white paper on the GGGI’s accomplishments over the past five years, and distribute them at the forthcoming event.
3. The event will feature opening remarks by Ambassador for Climate Change of the Foreign Ministry Kim Chan-woo, welcome remarks by GGGI Director-General Frank Rijsberman, and congratulatory remarks by *ambassadors from the GGGI member states in the ROK. In addition, presentations will be made on exemplary cases of the GGGI’s projects to support green growth in developing countries, and participants will discuss ways for the GGGI and Korean SMEs in the environmental sector to work together to increase their presence abroad.
* Ambassador of Costa Rica to the ROK Rodolfo Solano Quiros, Ambassador of Denmark to the ROK Thomas Lehmann, Ambassador of Mexico to the ROK Bruno Figueroa Fischer, etc.
4. The upcoming event is expected to serve to further strengthen the cooperative relations between the ROK and the GGGI, and to help Korean SMEs in the environmental sector and green growth-related organizations in the ROK with the latest information on green growth, including the GGGI, closely cooperate in creating an opportunity to enter environmental markets in developing countries.
* unofficial translation