1. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her husband will make an official visit to the Republic of Korea from March 23 through 26.
◦ The forthcoming visit to the ROK by Crown Princess Victoria and her husband, which will follow the state visit to the country by King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia in May 2012, will mark the first official visit by the heir(ess) first in line to the throne of Sweden.
◦ The Swedish royal family, as demonstrated by the six visits to the ROK by King Gustaf, has been keenly interested in advancing the ROK-Sweden relations.
2. During their visit to the ROK, Crown Princess Victoria and her husband will meet with the Prime Minister to exchange views on matters of mutual concern, including ways to promote bilateral ties as well as public healthcare, welfare and gender equality.
3. The ROK and Sweden, as long-standing friends, have seen active high-level exchanges and cooperation in creative economy move forward, especially in the fields of science, technology and public healthcare. The forthcoming visit of the royal couple is expected to serve as an opportunity to enhance the bilateral trust and solidarity and to upgrade their substantive cooperative ties to a higher level.
Spokesperson and Deputy Minister for Public Relations of MOFA
* unofficial translation