- Policy Information
- Treaties·International Law
- Development Cooperation
- International Organization
- Human Rights
- Bilateral Economic Relations
- Public Diplomacy
[Climate Change] Telephone Conversation between Foreign Minister and U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate
1. Minister of Foreign Affairs Chung Eui-yong had a telephone conversation with U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John F. Kerry on the morning of March 19, during which the two sides agreed to step up overall cooperation in achieving the Korean and the U.S. goal of carbon neutrality.
2. The two sides agreed to lead multilateral cooperation on climate and to further expand and intensify collaboration between the two countries by linking the Leaders Climate Summit, which will be hosted by the U.S. in a virtual format from April 22 to 23, 2021, and the “2021 Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 (P4G) Summit,” which will be hosted by Korea in a virtual format from May 30 to 31.
3. Foreign Minister Chung and Special Presidential Envoy Kerry agreed to operate bilateral consultative mechanisms at various levels in order to further strengthen climate cooperation between the two countries.