- Policy Information
- Korean Peninsula Peace Regime
- Treaties·International Law
- Development Cooperation
- International Organization
- Human Rights
- Bilateral Economic Relations
- Public Diplomacy
[Press Releases] Meeting between ROK and US Top Negotiators on North Korean Nuclear Issue and Meeting of ROK-US Working Group Take Place (5.10)
Meeting between ROK and US Top Negotiators on North Korean Nuclear Issue and Meeting of ROK-US Working Group Take Place (5.10)
2. In the meeting, the two sides shared their respective assessments of the recent situation on the Korean Peninsula, including North Korea’s short-range missile launch on May 9; and discussed in depth ways to work together on complete denuclearization and permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula, which are the common objectives between the ROK and the US, as demonstrated by the ROK-US summit meeting (April 11) and the phone conversation between the leaders of the two countries (May 7).
3. Furthermore, the two sides shared the view that the bilateral working group is a crucial part of ROK-US coordination on the North Korean nuclear issue, and agreed to continue close coordination in their policies regarding current issues related to the Korean Peninsula.
4. The two sides agreed to have a follow-up meeting in the near future.
* unofficial translation