- Policy Information
- Korean Peninsula Peace Regime
- Treaties·International Law
- Development Cooperation
- International Organization
- Human Rights
- Bilateral Economic Relations
- Public Diplomacy
[Press Release] 1st Meeting of ROK-US Working Group Takes Place
1. The Republic of Korea and the United States held the first meeting of their bilateral working group in Washington DC, the US, on November 20, co-chaired by Special Representative for Korean Peninsula Peace and Security Affairs Lee Do-hoon and US Special Representative for North Korea Stephen Biegun.
2. In the meeting, the ROK and the US reaffirmed the significance of their bilateral alliance as the linchpin of peace and security on the Korean Peninsula and in the region; and discussed in depth the full range of nuclear and other issues regarding the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, including a complete denuclearization and a lasting peace on the Korean Peninsula, the implementation of relevant UN Security Council resolutions and inter-Korean cooperation.
3. The ROK and the US took the opportunity to agree on pursuing the already-close ROK-US coordination in a more systematic way and on a regular basis.
* unofficial translation