- Policy Information
- Korean Peninsula Peace Regime
- Treaties·International Law
- Development Cooperation
- International Organization
- Human Rights
- Bilateral Economic Relations
- Public Diplomacy
[Press Release] ROK-US Working Group (W/G) Holds Meeting
1. The Republic of Korea and the United States held a working group meeting in Washington on March 14. During the meeting, the two sides discussed North Korean nuclear issues and other issues related to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, including next steps after the second US-North Korea summit, developments in inter-Korean and US-North Korea relations, and inter-Korean cooperation.
2. Based on the common goal of complete denuclearization, the two sides, through various consultation channels, including the Working Group, agreed to continue close consultations and coordination on measures to advance inter-Korean relations in a way that can contribute to the resumption of US-North Korea negotiations within the framework of sanctions against the DPRK.
* unofficial translation