[Job Opening] Full-time English Copy Editor
The Korea Foundation is seeking a native or native-level English speaker for the position of Full-time English Copy Editor.
■ Review and edit official letters, agreements, contracts, publications (periodicals), press releases, and drafts of speeches for the Korea Foundation’s president and vice presidents
■ Conduct English-language interviews for job applicants (two or three times a year)
■ Teach English writing skills to newly recruited Korean staff (twice a year, for two hours per class)
■ Native or native-level English speaker
■ Professional copy editing experience (minimum three years)
■ Undergraduate degree or higher
■ Candidates cannot fall under Article 18 of the KF Personnel Regulations (“Reasons for Disqualification”).
Terms and Conditions
■ Status: Fixed-term employee (maternity leave replacement)
■ Starting Date: May 9, 2022 (negotiable)
■ Contract Period: 1 year from the starting date (possibility of extension of up to 2 years)
■ Gross Salary: 2.6 million won per month
- Note: Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits: Lunch and transportation allowances, medical insurance, flexible benefit plan
■ Working Hours: Five days a week (Monday to Friday), 09:00-18:00
- Vacation: One day for every full month worked during the first year of work, with additional days added in the following years
Example: An employee starting on May 9, 2022 would receive up to 7 vacation days in 2022 and 14 days in 2023.
■ Office Location: KF Headquarters (Jeju Island) or KF Seoul Office (Seoul)
- The place of work and type of work will be negotiated after hiring.
- KF Headquarters: 55 Sinjung-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do 63565, Republic of Korea
- KF Seoul Office: Center 1 Building West Tower, 26, Euljiro 5-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 04539, Republic of Korea
■ The successful candidate will be selected through a written test and interview. Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume through the KF Online Recruitment System (http://kf.ncsplus.co.kr) by no later than April 5, 2022.
■ Employment Schedule (dates subject to change)
- Result of the resume screening process: April 12, 2022
- Written test: April 16, 2022
- Result of the written test: April 22, 2022 (A maximum of 5 candidates will be selected.)
- Interview: April 26, 2022
- Final result: April 29, 2022
■ The written test will be conducted offline in Jeju or Seoul.
How to Apply
■ Application Submission
- Deadline: April 5, 2022
- KF Online Recruitment System: http://kf.ncsplus.co.kr
■ Required Documents
- Only those who have passed the resume screening must submit a copy of the required documents when attending the written test.
1) Copy of degree
2) Proof of work experience
■ Foreign citizen candidates currently residing in Korea should hold or be able to hold an appropriate visa that permits work (F series, E-7). If the candidate does not hold an F visa or is not eligible for an E-7 visa, employment may be canceled.
■ The successful candidate must submit a copy of the first page of their passport, a criminal record check issued by the national police authority from their country of primary citizenship (issued within the past 6 months), and a photo (3cmx4cm).
■ The successful candidate may be disqualified during the background check and/or academic and employment record verification process. The candidate may also be disqualified for reasons such as intentionally hiding critical health conditions (e.g. COVID-19 symptoms or confirmation) during the interview.
■ If the candidate is confirmed to have COVID-19 or is in quarantine during the interview process, they must notify the KF before the interview. A COVID-confirmed or quarantined applicant may be unable to attend the interview
■ The candidate is responsible for any disadvantages caused by:
- not submitting a complete application (errors or omissions in the required documents)
- not submitting requested documents
- not verifying the application number and/or announcement of successful applicants
- an inability to be contacted
■ The Korea Foundation may request the candidate to submit additional documents to verify academic and/or employment records. (The successful candidate may be asked to submit an apostilled or certified copy of their diploma with official authentication from their consulate.)
■ If there are no qualified candidates, the employment offer may be canceled.
■ Additional successful candidates can be chosen if necessary to make up for a vacancy due to reasons such as abandonment of employment, cancellation of recruitment, disqualification, etc.
■ The Korea Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Applicants who consider that they have been treated unfairly during the selection process can lodge a complaint via email to email@example.com.
For further information about the Korea Foundation, please visit http://en.kf.or.kr.