- Policy Information
- Public Diplomacy
- Public Diplomacy News
- Treaties·International Law
- Development Cooperation
- International Organization
- Human Rights
- Bilateral Economic Relations
- Public Diplomacy
Final Round of “2019 K-POP World Festival” to Take Place
1. The “2019 K-POP World Festival,” the world’s largest K-pop event, will take place at the Sports Complex in Changwon at 7:00 pm, October 11. The event is co-hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Korea Broadcasting System (KBS) and the Korean Culture and Information Service with the support of Changwon city and Kyongnam Bank.
° The “K-Pop World Festival,” which marks the 9th anniversary this year, is a global Hallyu (Korean Wave) festival participated by foreigners who love Korean pop songs. The preliminary competitions of the 2019 Festival were held at 110 diplomatic missions and cultural centers of the Republic of Korea in 80 countries. Thirteen teams -- each from New Zealand, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Republic of Madagascar, the United States, the Kingdom of Spain, the Republic of Singapore, Ireland, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kingdom of Cambodia, Canada, the Republic of Cuba, the State of Kuwait and the Commonwealth of Australia -- advanced to the finals after two rounds of auditions by experts among the preliminary round winners.
※ The final round and a documentary on the finalists will be broadcast on KBS 2TV, KBS World TV (a Hallyu channel), and KBS World 24 TV (a channel for overseas Koreans).
3. The final competition will feature famous Korean entertainers as hosts as well as performances by a number of guest singers.
4. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been conducting public diplomacy based on soft power in a bid for the Hallyu fans across the world to further enhance their interest in and understanding on diverse aspects of Korean culture. The Ministry will double such efforts in cooperation with major media outlets.