1. The Foreign Ministry will host a K-pop showcase at the auditorium in the Foreign Minister building on May 11 as part of diplomatic efforts to further spread Hallyu, the popularity of the K-pop culture. The showcase will feature six new idol groups, which are drawing attention as the newly rising Hallyu stars to carry on the popular streak of K-pop. The Foreign Ministry has invited students from China, Mongolia and Indonesia studying in the ROK as well as members of multicultural groups to enjoy the show.
* The show is co-hosted by the Foreign Ministry and Wikitree Social News.
2. There are 100 open seats for the show, which will be given in order of application. Those interested can apply for tickets at the Foreign Ministry’s accounts at Facebook (/mofatkr), m2day (/mofatkr) and Twitter, starting from May 4. For those who cannot make it to the show, it will be aired live via the Ministry’s Facebook account, Wikitree Social News and Olleh Onair.
* During the show, 20 out of those who post cheering messages for the new idol groups on the Ministry’s Facebook page will be drawn and offered small gifts.
3. This showcase at the Foreign Ministry by the next-generation Hallyu leaders, which will be broadly aired via SNS, is expected to draw a larger number of foreigners to enjoy performances by K-pop artists and to savor one of the charms of the ROK.
Spokesperson and Deputy Minister for Public Relations of MOFAT
* unofficial translation