- Press Releases
11th “Korea-Arab Friendship Caravan” Event to Take Place
1. The eleventh “Korea-Arab Friendship Caravan” event will take place in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kuwait on October 14, 17 and 20, respectively, hosted by the Korea-Arab Society (KAS) with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Korea Foundation.
2. The Korea-Arab Friendship Caravan is a signature civilian public diplomacy event held on an annual basis since 2008 to introduce Korean culture and arts and to promote a correct understanding and view on the Republic of Korea in the Arab region.
- In particular, the event serves as a good opportunity to stage Korean cultural performances for Arabs, who have already developed an interest in the ROK amid the fever for K-pop, Korean dramas and other forms of Hallyu.
3. This year’s event will feature performances of traditional Korean music and dances by a troupe from the Jindo National Gugak Center as well as creative “Marionette” performances by “Expression Crew,” a b-boy group. The performances of signature traditional and modern cultural arts of Korea are expected to offer Arabs a taste of various aspects of Korean culture.
4. The Foreign Ministry and KAS plan to continuously and actively carry out public diplomacy activities, like the Caravan event, that could help peoples of the ROK and the Arab region better understand each other, and the ROK expand the base necessary for building global networks.
* unofficial translation