- Press Releases
11th Korea-Arab Friendship Caravan Event to Take Place
1. "The 11th Korea-Arab Friendship Caravan" event will take place in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the State of Kuwait on October 14, 17 and 20, respectively, hosted by the Korea-Arab Society (KAS) with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Korea Foundation.
2. The Korea-Arab Friendship Caravan is a signature civilian public diplomacy event held on an annual basis since 2008 to introduce Korean culture and arts and to promote a correct understanding of the Republic of Korea through cultural exchanges in the Arab region.
- In particular, the event serves as a good opportunity to showcase Korean culture to Arabs, who have already developed an interest in the ROK amid the popularity of K-pop, Korean dramas and other forms of Hallyu.
3. This year’s event will feature performances of traditional Korean music and dances by a troupe from the Jindo National Gugak Center as well as creative “Marionette” performances by “Expression Crew,” a b-boy group. The performances of signature traditional and modern cultural arts of Korea are expected to showcase various aspects of Korean culture to Arabs.
4. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and KAS plan to continuously and robustly carry out public diplomacy activities, like the Caravan event, that can help enhance the mutual understanding between the ROK and the Arab region, and help the ROK expand the base necessary for building global networks.
* unofficial translation