1. A Conference for Industrial Modernization and Diversification in Central Asia will take place in Seoul on December 5, co-hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
2. The first such event since the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Korea and the Central Asian countries will bring together vice minister-level officials from the Central Asian countries -- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The ROK government delegates will include Deputy Foreign Minister for Political Affairs Kim Hyoung-zhin and a ranking official of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
3. The conference, consisting of a plenary session themed “Sharing the experiences of Korea’s Industrial Modernization and Diversification” and a special session on “Supporting Central Asia’s Industrial Modernization and Diversification,” will focus on ways to step up economic cooperation between the ROK and the Central Asian countries.
4. On December 6, another ROK-Central Asia meeting will take place, bringing together experts in such private sectors as academia and businesses of the two sides. The participants will discuss ways to effectively use the expertise of work forces and organizations in various fields and will build networks among them.
5. The conference, part of the ROK’s efforts to implement its Eurasia Initiative, is expected to help create new growth engines through enhanced industrial connectivity between the ROK and Central Asia, and to contribute to mutually-beneficial economic and industrial cooperation between the two sides.
6. Those who want to attend the Conference for Industrial Modernization and Diversification in Central Asia can register online in advance at the official website of the conference www.kcis-forum.co.kr.
* unofficial translation