1. Deputy Foreign Minister for Economic Affairs Lee Tae-ho will visit Ukraine, Spain and Kyrgyz for the third meeting of the Republic of Korea-Ukraine Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation on October 3; the fifth meeting of the ROK-Spain Joint Committee on Economy, Science and Technology on October 5; and the second meeting of the ROK-Kyrgyz Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation on October 7.
[Third meeting of the ROK-Ukraine Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation]
2. In the meeting, which will come in four years since the second of its kind held in 2012, the two countries will discuss ways to boost bilateral trade and investment, as well as cooperation in various sectors, including agriculture, energy, infrastructure, transportation, science, technology, information and communications technology (ICT), healthcare and medical care.
3. At its forthcoming meeting, the +Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation is expected to seek out specific cooperation projects in such sectors as energy, construction of infrastructure and agriculture, and explore ways to boost bilateral trade and investment.
[Fifth meeting of the ROK-Spain Joint Committee on Economy, Science and Technology]
4. In the meeting, which will come in two years since the fourth of its kind held in 2014, the two countries will discuss in depth ways to increase bilateral trade and investment and work together in diverse areas, including infrastructure, construction, transportation, air services, agriculture, livestock industry, science, technology, ICT, tourism and people-to-people exchanges.
5. At the forthcoming meeting, the two countries are expected to seek ways to further step up already robust cooperation in the fields of infrastructure and construction as well as to work together to build their presence in markets of third countries.
[Second meeting of the ROK-Kyrgyz Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation]
5. In the meeting, which will come in four years since the first of its kind held in 2012, the two countries will take note of the successful implementation of the m measures agreed upon at the first meeting and discuss ways to work together in a mutually beneficial manner in a wide range of sectors, including trade, investment, finance, agriculture, healthcare, land, transportation and development cooperation.
6. Kyrgyz is one of the ROK’s major partners for its diplomacy toward Central Asia for co-prosperity and cooperation and for its Eurasia Initiative. The upcoming meeting of the ROK-Kyrgyzstan intergovernmental economic committee is expected to serve as an opportunity to explore ways to fulfill the potential for bilateral economic cooperation. The two sides will seek to make more achievements at the tenth Korea-Central Asia Cooperation Forum in Seoul in November 2016 by building on the outcome of the meeting.
* unofficial translation