- Ministry News
Bilateral Meetings between Minister of Foreign Affairs and her Danish, Spanish and German Counterparts Held on Occasion of 56th Munich Security Conference
1. On the occasion of the 56th Munich Security Conference held in Munich, the Federal Republic of Germany, on February 14-15, Minister of Foreign Affairs Kang, Kyung-wha had bilateral meetings with Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Denmark Jeppe Kofod, Minister for Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation of the Kingdom of Spain Arancha González Laya, and Federal Minister of Defence of the Federal Republic of Germany Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer on February 15.
2. (Denmark) The two Ministers noted with appreciation that the various celebrations held to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Republic of Korea (ROK)-Denmark diplomatic relations in 2019 had helped promote understanding and friendship between people of the two countries. Denmark, a champion for Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 (P4G) and the host of the inaugural P4G Summit, and the ROK, the host of the second P4G Summit in 2020, agreed to step up cooperation in the area of climate.
° Minister Kofod pledged Denmark’s support for the ROK on its upcoming hosting of the 2nd P4G Summit and expressed hope that the two countries would also continue to bolster bilateral cooperation in responding to climate change and achieving sustainable development by holding the Korean-Danish Green Growth Alliance Meeting, which has taken place on an annual basis since 2011.
3. (Spain) The two Ministers welcomed the fact that active high-level exchanges, including the Spanish King’s visit to the ROK in October 2019, have helped deepen substantive cooperation between the two countries. On that note, they agreed to further develop bilateral relations by maintaining such momentum of exchanges and implementing follow-up measures agreed upon in the summit.
4. (Germany) Minister Kang and Federal Minister of Defence Kramp-Karrenbauer noted that the ROK and Germany have continued to develop close friendly and cooperative relations and, in particular, welcomed the close ongoing cooperation on the basis of the key bilateral agreements concluded in the field of national defense.
5. Minister Kang shared with the above Ministers assessments of the situations on the Korean Peninsula and in Northeast Asia and voiced hope for close cooperation toward complete denuclearization and the establishment of permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula. The Ministers reaffirmed their solidarity with and support for the ROK government on its efforts to establish permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula.