- Ministry News
FM Has Telephone Conversation with her Danish Counterpart
1. Minister of Foreign Affairs Kang Kyung-wha had a telephone conversation with Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Denmark Jeppe Kofod at 17:00-17:10, August 12, at the request of the latter. Over the phone, the two Ministers exchanged views on various matters of mutual interest, including the Republic of Korea (ROK)-Denmark relations; cooperation in responding to climate change; and the situation on the Korean Peninsula.
2. Minister Kang extended congratulations to Minister Kofod on the launch of the new Danish government as well as his inauguration, and voiced hope to work closely together for continued advances in the relations between the two countries. Minister Kofod mentioned that Denmark, as the ROK’s “strategic partner” and “green growth ally,” will communicate and cooperate actively with the ROK.
3. In particular, the two Ministers agreed to step up cooperation between the two countries on climate change and green economy through the ROK-led “Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)” and the Denmark-led “Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 (P4G).”
4. The two Ministers noted with appreciation that the official visit to Denmark by President Moon Jae-in in October 2018 followed by the official visit to the ROK by Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Couple in May 2019 has contributed to close high-level exchanges between the two countries; and expressed hope that the commemorative events for the “Year of Culture,” designated in 2019 to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the bilateral diplomatic relations, will be held successfully until the end of this year.
5. Minister Kang asked for Denmark’s continued support and cooperation toward complete denuclearization and the establishment of permanent peace on the Korean Peninsula. Minister Kofod, commending the ROK government’s efforts to establish peace on the Korean Peninsula, reaffirmed Denmark’s will to extend support and cooperation.